Senior Night Details – 10/28/2016
What: L.D. Bell Blue Raider Football – Senior Night
When: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. (arrival time)
Where: Pennington Field – meet on the East end of the field by the blow up helmet tunnel.
Why: Senior Night is a long standing tradition for the Blue Raider football players. It is a chance for you as parents to celebrate your senior’s last home game under Friday Night Lights. For many, this will be their last time to strap on a helmet and pads in front of their home crowd. We want you to be a part of this special time in your son or daughter’s life so that once it's gone, you will be able to reflect back on these great memories that will last a lifetime. We hope to have parents/guardians to represent all senior players. If you are unable to attend please let one of the Booster Club Officers know ahead of time.
Logistics: We want Senior Night to go smooth and as such we have the following information for you regarding that evening’s logistics.
- Parents of senior football players and senior managers will need to report to the East end of Pennington Field by the blow up helmet tunnel by 6:30 p.m. so that all mothers can receive their flowers and get lined up.
- Parents are encouraged to wear their son’s number or blue and/or white Raider spirit wear.
- All football players will be in the locker room with their team and their coaches.
- Parents of players with jersey numbers 1 – 43 will line up on the Home side of the run through lines.
- Parents of #1 will be closest to the helmet on the Home side and parents of #43 will be closest to the Raiderettes on the home side.
- Parents of #43 will lead the line out onto the field.
- Parents of players with jersey numbers 44 – 99, parents of managers and trainers will line up on the Visitor side of the run through lines.
- Parents of #44 will be closest to the helmet on the Visitor side of the helmet and parents of managers and trainers will be closest to the Raiderettes on the Visitor side of the helmet.
- Parents of #April Wingate (Trainer) will lead this line out onto the field.
- When taking the field, you will get to walk through the helmet tunnel out to your spot on the field.
- This is your time to enjoy this special occasion so please bring your cameras, phones, video cameras or GoPro to memorialize it.
- Have fun and do what the Raiderettes are doing until the announcer begins.
- When the announcer starts with his part, everyone will turn around and face the Home side.
- When your son or daughter’s name and/or number is called, make sure to wave really big to the press box.
- When all names are finished, plan to stay where you are so you will be in the run through lines for the boys to run through.
- We would invite you to remain standing there for the National Anthem, then we will need to quickly clear the field and the sidelines. (Be sure to turn & face the flag!)
Link to download logistics: Senior Night 2016
Thank you so much for participating in Senior Night and supporting our student athletes!
We appreciate you!